Data Distribution Card - RS422 - 1 In and 4 Out - For Use with RK400
The DA422 data distribution card is designed for use with the modular rack system for distances up to 6,000 feet (1800 meters).
The Modular rack system holds up to ten (10) modular cards. Cards may be inserted in various combinations of video and DA422 cards. The maximum allowable number of DA422 cards per modular rack is four (4). The DA422 is designed for use over category unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling. The DA422 functions as a RS422 distribution card. RS422 control signals from a controller, matrix, etc. are connected to the input of the DA422 and four (4) signals are available for distribution to multi-points at the output either using an RJ45 modular connector or screwless push terminals. The system can also adapt to existing communication cables, computer network spare pairs or new cable installations. The balanced output design of the DA422 insures that the system will not interfere with other equipment on the network.
- Balanced communication output can be run in the same cable with video, data, power & communication signals
- RJ45 or screwless terminal block output connections
- EIA standard input and output
- Easy to install and configure
- LED presence indicators for RS422
- Extending keyboard operation for point to multi-point control
- Operation in structured cabling environments
- Providing RS422 control, extension and distribution for remote cameras
Wire and Cable Recommendations
The Model DA422 is recommended for use with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The system will operate over wire gauges from 26 AWG through 12 AWG but is optimized for 24 AWG. Category cabling may be used. RS422 can be operated in the same communication cable coexistent with video, telephone, computer, control signals, power voltages and other video signals. While RS422 may be routed through telephone punch down block terminals, any bridge-taps, also called Ttaps and any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices MUST BE removed from the pair.