- Access Control
- AV Home Theater
- Camera Lenses
- CCTV Cameras
- Digital Video Recorders
- DVR Lockboxes
- Fiber Optics
- Housings / Mounts
- Installation Accessories
- Loss Prevention
- Networking Premise Wiring
- Non-Functioning Security
- PC DVR Cards
- Power Supplies
- Test Equipment
- UPS / Surge Protectors
- Video Baluns / Transmission
- Video, Power & Data Distribution
- --- Shop By Manufacturer ---
- American Dynamics
- Byte Brothers
- Channel Vision
- Computar CCTV Lenses
- Ganz CCTV
- Platinum Tools
- Preferred Power Products P3
- Discontinued Items
Welcome guest, Login
The VB37M is a Passive UTP Video balun for twisted pair transmission of CCTV video. The VB37M is a "heavy duty' design with two screw terminals for UTP connection and a male BNC for coax connection. This Passive UTP Video Balun operates with other passive video baluns, transceivers or active receivers.The VB37 series is available in the F model (female BNC) and the M model (male BNC).
The VB37M UTP transceiver provides a low cost means of sending live video over unshielded twisted pair, point-to-point wiring for distances of up to 750 feet (225 meters) with other CCTV balun transceivers, up to 1,500 feet (450 meters) with the TR515 single channel receiver and model 51 series hubs, and up to 3,000 feet (900 meters) with the TR560 single channel receiver and model 56 Series hubs. The VB37M is compatible with all the "up-the-coax" control systems. A basic system uses (2) video balun transceivers, one at each end of a twisted pair of wires. These units are intended for use over existing in-house telephone wiring, Category 5 wiring or other twisted pair cable runs to provide a convenient, cost-effective alternative to coax.
The VB37 series units are designed to provide superior immunity from noise and interference even when running next to line power.The VB37M also provides a convenient mounting tab for installation. The VB37M is a UTP transceiver that provides another Security Transmission Solution from Nitek.
- Quality video over ordinary twisted pair cable
- Immunity to noise and interference
- Built-in surge suppression on VB39 model
- Passive devices - do not require power
- Video & P/T/Z over a single pair (with up-the-coax systems)
- M - version mounts directly to camera or video source
- Weatherproof design
- Easier to install than coax
- Intra-building CCTV installations (instead of coaxial cable)
- Structured cabling (Category 5) environments
- To eliminate requirement for Plenum Coax
- Multi-camera applications through conduit (more cameras through a smaller diameter)
Two VB37 devices, M or F, in any combination are required for transmission over a single UTP.
Wire and Cable Recommendations
The VB37 and VB39 are recommended for use with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The systems will operate over wire gauges from 26 AWG through 12 AWG. Category 2, 3, 4 or 5 cable may be used. Individually shielded pairs should be avoided, as they drastically reduce the operating range of the systems. Multi-pair cable with an overall shield is acceptable.
Video can be operated in the same communication cable coexistent with telephone, computer, control signals, power voltages and other video signals. While video may be routed through telephone punch-down block terminals, any bridge-taps, also called T-taps and any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices MUST BE removed from the pair.