8 port video balun hubs with built-in surge suppression. Systems operate with other Nitek UTP video equipment including, video balun hubs, standard video balun transceivers or active receivers.
The VH839 video balun hubs are multi-channel video transmission devices that provide a low cost means of sending quality live video over Category UTP cabling. The systems can also adapt to existing communication and computer network spare pairs, or new cable installations. The VH839 can send video up to 750 feet (225 meters) when used with other products in the VB37 or VB39 family. When used with model TR515 or TR560 active receivers, distances of 1,500 feet (450 meters) and 3,000 feet, (900 meters), respectively, can be attained. The VH839 is designed to provide superior immunity from noise and interference, such as RFI and EMI.
- Quality video over ordinary twisted pair cable
- Built-in protection from power surges and transients
- High immunity to noise and interference
- Passive units require no power
- Video & P/T/Z over a single pair with up-the-coax systems when used with passive baluns
- Highly compact, only one rack unit in height
- Conveniently integrates with Nitek modular systems
- Video can be run in the same cable with telephone, computer signals and power
Wire and Cable Recommendations
Twisted Sender is recommended for use with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The systems will operate over wire gauges from 26 AWG through 12 AWG but are optimized for 24 AWG. Category cabling may be used. Individually shielded pairs should be avoided as they drastically reduce the operating range of the systems. Multi-pair cable with an overall shield is acceptable. Video can be operated in the same communication cable coexistent with telephone, computer, control signals, power voltages and other video signals. While video may be routed through telephone punch-down block terminals, any bridge-taps, also called T-taps and any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices MUST BE removed from the pair.