The VB39M is a Passive UTP Video Balun for twisted pair transmission of CCTV video. The VB39M is a "heavy duty" design with two screw terminals for UTP connection and a female BNC for coax connection. The VB39M has built-in surge suppression for added equipment protection.
The VB39M Video Balun is a Transceiver that provides a low cost means of sending live video over unshielded twisted pair, point-to-point wiring for distances of up to 750 feet (228 meters), with other CCTV balun transceivers, up to 1,500 feet (450 meters) with the TR515 single channel receiver and model 51 series hubs, up to 3,000 feet (900 meters) with the TR560 single channel receiver and 56 series hubs. The VB39M is compatible with all of the �up-the-coax� control systems.
A basic system uses (2) VB39 units, one at each end of a twisted pair of wires. These units are intended for use over existing in-house telephone wiring, Category 5 wiring or other twisted pair cable runs to provide a convenient, cost-effective alternative to coax.
The VB39M is designed to provide superior immunity from noise and interference even when running next to line power. The VB39M also provides a convenient mounting tab for ease of installation. The VB39F is a UTP transceiver that provides another Security Transmission Solution from Nitek.
- Quality video over ordinary twisted pair cable
- Immunity to noise and interference
- Built-in surge suppression on VB39 model
- Passive devices - do not require power
- Video & P/T/Z over a single pair (with �up-the-coax� systems)
- M - version mounts directly to camera or video source
- Weatherproof design
- Easier to install than coax
- Intra-building CCTV installations (instead of coaxial cable)
- Structured cabling (Category 5) environments
- To eliminate requirement for Plenum Coax
- Multi-camera applications through conduit (more cameras through a smaller diameter)
Two VB37 devices M or F in any combination are required for transmission over a single UTP.
Wire and Cable Recommendations
The VB37 and VB39 are recommended for use with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The systems will operate over wire gauges from 26 AWG through 12 AWG. Category 2, 3, 4 or 5 cable may be used. Individually shielded pairs should be avoided, as they drastically reduce the operating range of the systems. Multi-pair cable with an overall shield is acceptable.
Video can be operated in the same communication cable coexistent with telephone, computer, control signals, power voltages and other video signals. While video may be routed through telephone punch-down block terminals, any bridge-taps, also called T-taps and any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices MUST BE removed from the pair.