16 port active video hubs with dual outputs, built-in surge suppression, ground loop isolation, gain/loss control, and video detection. Systems operate with other Nitek UTP video equipment including, video transceiver hubs, standard video balun transceivers, active transmitters, or any twisted pair equipped camera.
Multi-channel video receiver hubs provide excellent video quality through two video outputs per channel. Twisted pair installations are made with a choice of the standard screw terminal connections, or the modular jack connections featured on the M series. The VH1651 can receive video up to 1,500 feet (450 meters) when used with passive transmitters. These hubs provide superior immunity from noise and interference, even when run in common raceways with AC power.
- Quality video over ordinary twisted pair cable
- Built-in surge suppression
- Built-in ground loop isolation
- Dual BNC connector output
- Convenient access to DIP switches for accurate gain and loss control
- High immunity to noise and interference
- LEDs to indicate video detection
- Highly compact, only one rack unit in height
- Video can be run in the same cable with telephone, computer signals and power
Wire and Cable Recommendations
Twisted Sender is recommended for use with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The systems will operate over wire gauges from 26 AWG through 12 AWG but are optimized for 24 AWG. Category cabling may be used. Individually shielded pairs should be avoided as they drastically reduce the operating range of the systems. Multi-pair cable with an overall shield is acceptable. Video can be operated in the same communication cable coexistent with telephone, computer, control signals, power voltages and other video signals. While video may be routed through telephone punch-down block terminals, any bridge-taps, also called T-taps and any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices MUST BE removed from the pair.